Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April 26, 2008 - There's another one!!

After we finished landscaping one side of the yard, we went over to the other side and found ANOTHER nest in the other holly tree!! This nest looked much sturdier, pretty much finished, so I looked inside. There was one beautiful blue egg!! I knew we had to get out of there quickly so the Mom could come back and keep the eggs warm so we did our work quickly and got out of there.

A few hours later, I wanted to show Claire the nest and when we looked in, there was another egg! Pretty exciting for a bird lover to see. This holly tree is directly under our bedroom window. You can't see directly inside since it is a little higher up in the tree and she camouflaged it a little better. But good enough for me! You can still see the eggs pretty well from inside of our house.

Before bed I wanted to check to see if there was a parent tending to the eggs since I hadn't seen any birds near the active nest. So I quickly put a flashlight beam on the nest and sure enough, there was the Mom, sitting on the nest! I was so glad because I know how easily birds can abandon nest's if they feel threatened.


No comments: